The Christian Association of Nigeria under the leadership of Reverend Supo Ayokunle has called for a 3-day nationwide prayer to seek for divine intervention over various happenings in Nigeria.
According to the religious body, events happening in the country recently are embarrassing and a threat to the nation’s democracy.
The Acting General Secretary of CAN, Daramola Joseph Bade in a message to all bloc chairmen, zonal chairmen, states chairmen and all local church leaders said “Following the recent political drama unfolding in our nation that is becoming really embarrassing and constituting big threats to our nascent democracy, the leadership of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has called for three-day prayers to be observed in all churches in Nigeria for Divine Protection for our nation and democracy.”
He charged believers to pray that God should frustrate the efforts of evil men among politicians.
During the 3-day nationwide prayer, Christians are also enjoined to pray for peaceful co-existence among different ethnic groups, an end to terrorism and many more. See the list of the prayer points below.
- That God should frustrate the efforts of evil men among politicians in our country and to prevent them from being elected into any political office in 2019.
- For peaceful co-existence in our nation and a permanent end to bloodshed and violence all over the nation occasioned by the Fulani herdsmen, bandits, ritual killers, armed robbers and other hoodlums amidst us.
- For God to guide our leaders aright.
- For the release of Leah Sharibu and the remaining Chibok girls, together with all those in the captivity of insurgents throughout the nation.
- For economic prosperity of the nation and deliberate effort of the government towards providing gainful employment for the teeming population of unemployed youths in Nigeria.
- For the Church’s victory over the forces of darkness that are working against the wellbeing of the Church in Nigeria and for the unity of the Church and that those causing destabilization would repent from their evils and pursue unity or risk divine judgment.
- For unity and mutual respect for each other within the three arms of the government.”
The 3-day prayer program is scheduled to hold between the 27th and 29th of August 2018.